Doctor's name here
Name : Ali Mohamed Radwan Shelil
Present Position : Assistant Professor in the Department of English, Faculty of Education and Arts, Tabuk University, Tabuk, KSA.
Last Qualification : Ph D in English Literature (Poetry).
Date of Birth : October 17, 1973
Nationality : Egyptian
Email Addresses : email@example.com
Marital Status : Married and have three sons.
Language Proficiency: International Toefl, January 2005, Result: 277 = 647.
IT Proficiency : International Computer Driving Licence, August 2005.
- Bachelor Degrees:
BA in English & Education, Faculty of Education, Suez Canal University, Egypt, 1995
BA in English, Faculty of Arts, Tanta University, Egypt, 1997.
M.A in English Literature (poetry), Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 2003.
PhD in English Literature (poetry), Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Egypt, 2008.
1. Assistant Professor in the Department of English, Faculty of Education and Arts, Tabuk University, Tabuk, KSA, August 2012 until the present time.
2. Assistant Professor in the Department of English, Faculty of Science and Arts, Al-Kharj University, Al-Aflaj, KSA, September 2009 until the August 2012.
3. Assistant Professor in the Department of English, Faculty of Education, Port Said University, Port Said, Egypt, December 2008 until the present time in which I am on leave to Tabuk University, KSA
4. Academic Visitor to the Department of English, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK, September 2006 - September 2008
5. Lecturer in the Department of English, Faculty of Education, Port Said University, Port Said, Egypt, May 2003 - December 2008.
6. Demonstrator in the Department of English, Faculty of Education, Port Said University, Port Said, Egypt, March 2003 – May 2003.
7. Demonstrator in the Department of English, Faculty of Education, Suez Canal University, Suez, Egypt, November 1998 - March 2003
8. Researcher in the Department of English, Faculty of Education, Suez Canal University, Suez, Egypt, April 1996, November 1998
During my career as a university teacher in both Egypt and Saudi Arabia, I taught a variety of courses in English for both the students of the department of English and the students of other departments. For example, I taught:
English Literature (Poetry, Criticism, Drama, and Novel)
Linguistics (Morphology, Syntax, Phonetics, Grammar, Transformational Grammar)
Writing, Reading, Listening and Conversation
Translation (Arabic/English – English/Arabic)
History of the English Language
History of English Literature
ESP and ESL for non major English students.
1. Wordsworth’s Early Sonnets: A Study in Form, M.A Thesis, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 2003.
2. The Development of the Sonnet in William Wordsworth: As Indicative of a Change in Outlook on Life and Poetic/Critical Theory, PhD Thesis, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Egypt, 2008.
Workshops & Institutes Attended:
1. ESP Institute in Course Design and Materials Development
Date: from July 1 - 11, 2001
2. ESP Course Design and Materials Development workshop for developing an ESP course for Science students.
Date: from July 28 – August 2, 2001
3. ESP Course Design and Materials Development workshop for developing an ESP course for Business students.
Date: from August 11 – 16, 2001
4. Primary Methodology Resources Workshop
Date: from September 15 – 19, 2002
5. ESP Winter Institute on Selecting, Adapting and Teaching ESP Materials
Date: from January 19 – 29, 2003
6. Integrated CALL in English Language Teaching Workshop
Date: from July 13 – 17, 2003
7. English for Business Correspondence Workshop
Date: from October 16 – 17, 2003
8. Student Achievement Test Development Workshop
Date: from November 29 - December 3, 2003
9. الدورة التدريبية لإعداد المعلم الجامعي
Date: from 08-Sep-2001 - 25-sep-2001
10. برنامج مهارات التفكير
Date: from 25-Jun-2005 - 28-jun-2005
11. برنامج أساليب البحث العلمي
Date: from 02-Jan-2006 - 05-jan-2006
12. برنامج مهارات الاتصال الفعال
Date: from 06-May-2006 - 08-may-2006
13. برنامج التعلم مدى الحياة
Date: from 26-Jun-2006 - 27-jun-2006
14. برنامج اتخاذ القرار و حل المشكلات
Date: from 17-Jul-2006 - 19-jul-2006
15. إعداد الدراسة الذاتية للبرنامج , Al-Kharj University, KSA, May 01, 2011.
16. إستخدام التقنية فى التدريس , Al-Kharj University, KSA, May 17 – 18, 2011.
17. توصيف البرامج و المقررات و تقاريرها , Salman Bin Abdulaziz University, KSA, October 17 – 18, 2011.
18. التقويم الذاتي البرامجي , Salman Bin Abdulaziz University, KSA, May 29, 2011.
19. مواصفات الإختبار الجيد , Salman Bin Abdulaziz University, December 27, 2011.
الفصل الدراسي الأول 1439 - 1440
|8 - 9:30||9:30 - 11||12-11||1-12||2-1||3-2||4-3||5-4||6-5|
|الأحد||ساعات مكتبية||رواية 3|
|الاثنين||دراما 3||ساعات مكتبية|
|الثلاثاء||رواية 2||رواية 3|
|الأربعاء||دراما 3||ساعات مكتبية|
|الخميس||رواية 2||ساعات مكتبية|
Research 1: The Development of the Sonnet in William Wordsworth
William Wordsworth's sonnets have not received the critical attention they deserve. Therefore, the present study is an attempt to shed more light on how far Wordsworth’s sonnets indicate a significant development in his career as a poet. It aims at explaining how far these sonnets indicate a change in his outlook on life and in his poetic / critical theory, and, thus, explaining how far this change accords with his development in the direction of Conservatism and reveals the existence of a conservative streak which continued to grow in him over the years.
Research 2: Wordsworth's Early Sonnets: A Study in Form
This study aims at identifying the formal varieties of Wordsworth's early sonnets so that it can answer two main questions: (1) How far does Wordsworth depart from (or conform to) the traditional sonnet forms? (2) Does he introduce any innovations, which represent a contribution to the form of the sonnet?