Nano Research Unit
About the Unit
Nanotechnology has proven its ability to boost major areas of economic importance such as industry, medicine, and energy. It brings several benefits: light weight, stability, and improvement in all physical and chemical functions of involved materials. In light of this, our Faculty of Science has initiated the establishment of a research unit specialized in nano materials aimed at devising scientific and practical solutions to the problems that hinder society and its institutions.
Vision and Mission
Leadership in community service through specialized scientific research in nanotechnology.
Conduct and develop applied research in the field of nanotechnology and build effective partnerships with various universities and scientific institutions to support scientific research and community service.
1-Equipping the Nanotechnology Research Unit with all modern scientific devices and developing them to help achieve the vision and mission of the unit.
2-Training distinguished researchers and students to transfer expertise and build a cadre of talented Saudi scientists at the University of Tabuk
3-Harnessing various nanotechnology applications to take advantage of the resources of the surrounding environment, and find solutions to current 4-problems and obstacles.
5-Ability to produce essential nanomaterials in life applications, high quality, safe and low cost.
6-Partnership and cooperation with research units in the university in support of nanotechnology research in various fields of application.
7-Developing distinct academic and research programs at the University of Tabuk.
- Nanomaterials for renewable energy storage solutions
- Preparation of nanomaterials using environmentally friendly methods for specific water purification purposes.
- Nanomaterials synthesis for solar and fuel cells applications.
- Applications of nanotechnology in optical fibers communication.
- Nanotechnology for smart sensors applications.
- Design of photovoltaic modules to suit local environments.
- Use of new mathematical and physical models in the development of computational physical knowledge for intended applications.
Condensed Matter Laboratory
Renewable Energy Laboratory
Computational Physics Laboratory
- E.F.M. El-Zaidia, Saleem I. Qashou, A.A.A. Darwish, T.A. Hanafy, Structural, optical, electrical conductivity and dielectric properties of PVA-10%YCl3films, Surface review and letter, 26 (2019) 1850149.
- A.A.A. Darwish, M. Rashad, Hatem. A. AL-Aoh, Methyl orange adsorption comparison on nanoparticles: isotherm, kinetics, and thermodynamic studies, Dyes and Pigments,160 (2019) 563-571.
- A.A.A. Darwish, E.F.M. El-Zaidia, Saleem I. Qashou, Investigation of structural and electrical properties of 2,9-Bis [2-(4-chlorophenyl)ethyl] anthrax [2,1,9-def:6,5,10-d?e?f?] diisoquinoline-1,3,8,10 (2H,9H) tetrone (Ch-diisoQ) thin films nanostructured films, Physica B, 558 (2019) 116-121.
- Saleem I. Qashou, M. Rashad, A.Z. Mahoud, A.A.A. Darwish, The promotion of Indeno [1, 2-b]flourene-6, 12 dione thin film to be changed into stable aromatic compound under the effect of annealing treatment, Vacuum,162 (2019) 199-207.
- A.A.A. Darwish, Saleem I. Qashou, M. Rashad, Structural, surface topography and optical investigations of nanostructure films of copper (II) 2,9,16,23-teter-tert-butyl-29H,31H-phthalocyanine controlled at the thermal effect, Applied Physics A, 125 (2019) 271.
- S.R. Alharbi, A.A.A. Darwish, Heterostructure of GeSe2-xSnx/n-Si solar cells: Electronic properties and improvement of photoelectrical performance, Applied Physics A, 125 (2019) 391.
- Saleem I. Qashou, Z. Khattari, M. Rashad, A.A.A. Darwish, A. Shaheen, Structural, optical and dielectric properties of n-type organic N,N'-dimethyl-3,4,9,10-perylenedicarboximide thin films: effects of annealing, Materials Research Express, 6 (2019) 086317.
- A.A.A. Darwish, A.M. Aboraia, Alexander V. Soldatov, I.S. Yahia, Deposition of Rhodamine B dye on flexible substrates for flexible organic electronic and optoelectronic: Optical spectroscopy by Kramers-Kronig analysis, Optical Materials, 95 (2019) 109219.
- M. Rashad, E.F.M. El-Zaidia, S.E. AL Garni, A.A.A. Darwish, Quantum confinement observation of milled potassium chloride, Nono, 14 (2019) 1950067.
- Saleem I. Qashou, E.F.M. El-Zaidia, A.A.A. Darwish, T.A. Hanafy, Methylsilicon phthalocyanine hydroxide doped PVA films for optoelectronic applications: TIR spectroscopy, electrical conductivity, linear and nonlinear optical studies, Physica B, 571 (2019) 93-100.
- Saleem I. Qashou,A.A.A. Darwish, The effect of planar atomic configuration in the enhancement of AC conductivity and dielectric characterization of bisbenzimidazo[2,1-a:2?,1?-a?]anthra[2,1,9-def:6,5,10-d?e?f?]diisoquinoline-10,21-dione7 (BI-diisoQ) thin film, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 30 (2019) 13024-13032.
- A.A.A. Darwish, H.A.M. Ali, Formation of noncrystalline GeSeSn/c-Si heterojunction: Electronic and optoelectronic studies, Physica B, 571 (2019) 188-192.
- M. Rashad,A.A.A. Darwish,S.E. AlGarni, High electrical conductivity of (1-x)NiO/xFe2O3(x= 0.0, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 and 1) nanoparticles for solid-state electronics, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Material, 491 (2019) 165577
- AM Ali,,MI Sayyed, A Kumar, M. Rashad, A A?k?n, Ramandeep Kaur, H. Algarni, Gamma ray shielding behavior of Li2O-doped PbO–MoO3–B2O3 glass system, Applied Physics A,125 (2019) 671.
- MI Sayyed, A A?k?n, AM Ali, A Kumar, M Rashad, AM Alshehri, M Singh, Extensive study of newly developed highly dense transparent PbO-WO3-BaO-Na2O-B2O3 glasses for radiation shielding applications, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 521 (2019) 119521.
- AM Ali, MI Sayyed, A Kumar, M Rashad, AM Alshehri, R Kaur, Optically transparent newly developed glass materials for gamma ray shielding applications, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids,521 (2019) 119490.
- A Kumar, AM Ali, MI Sayyed, A A?k?n, M Rashad, H Algarni, Structural, optical, and gamma-ray-sensing characterization of (35 ? x) PbO–10 MgO–10Na2O–5 Fe2O3–10 BaO–(30 ? x) B2O3 glasses, Applied Physics A,125 (2019) 512.
- M Rashad, Performance efficiency and kinetic studies of water purification using ZnO and MgO nanoparticles for potassium permanganate, optical and quantum electronics, 51 (2019) 291.
- M Rashad, SA Amin, AM Ali, AA Hendi, Fabrication of p-p type nanocomposite of NiO/Co3O4 and CuO/Co3O4 with different contents, Materials Research Express, 6 (2019) 0950c9.
- M Rashad, HA AL-Aoh, Promising adsorption studies of bromophenol blue using copper oxide nanoparticles, Desalination and Water Treatment,139 (2019) 360-368.
- A Kumar, R deep Kaur, MI Sayyed, M Rashad, M Singh, A Mossad Ali, Physical, structural, optical and gamma ray shielding behavior of (20+x) PbO – 10 BaO – 10 Na2O – 10 MgO – (50-x) B2O3 glasses, Physica B,552 (2019) 10-118.
- AM Abd-Elnaiem, M Rashad, Morphology of anodic aluminum oxide anodized in a mixture of phosphoric acid and lithium phosphate monobasic, Materials Research Express,6 (2019) 016412.
- Issa S.A.M., Sayyed M.I., Mostafa A.M.A., Lakshminarayana G., Kityk I.V., Investigation of mechanical and radiation shielding features of heavy metal oxide based phosphate glasses for gamma radiation attenuation applications, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 33 (2019) 12140-12151.
- Issa S.A.M., Tekin H.O., Erguzel T.T., Susoy G., The effective contribution of PbO on nuclear shielding properties of xPbO-(100 ? x)P2O5 glass system: a broad range investigation, Applied Physics A: Materials Science and Processing,125 (2019) 640.
- Issa S.A.M., Saddeek Y.B., Sayyed M.I., Tekin H.O., Kilicoglu O., Radiation shielding features using MCNPX code and mechanical properties of the PbO–Na2O–B2O3–CaO–Al2O3–SiO2 glass systems, Composites Part B: Engineering, 167 (2019) 231-240.
- Mahmoud I.S., Issa S.A.M., Saddeek Y.B., Tekin H.O., Kilicoglu O., Alharbi T., Sayyed M.I., Erguzel T.T., Elsaman R., Gamma, neutron shielding and mechanical parameters for lead vanadate glasses, Ceramics International, 45 (2019) 14058-14072.
- Issa S.A.M., Ahmad M., Tekin H.O., Saddeek Y.B., Sayyed M.I., Effect of Bi 2 O 3 content on mechanical and nuclear radiation shielding properties of Bi2O3 -MoO3 -B2O3 -SiO2 -Na2O-Fe2O3 glass system, Results in Physics, 13 (2019) 102165.
- Almatari M., Issa S.A.M., Dong M.G., Sayyed M.I., Ayad R., Comparison between MCNP5, Geant4 and experimental data for gamma rays attenuation of PbO–BaO–B2O3 glasses, Heliyon, 6 (2019) e02364.
- Issa S.A.M., Tekin H.O., Elsaman R., Kilicoglu O., Saddeek Y.B., Sayyed M.I., Radiation shielding and mechanical properties of Al2O3-Na2O-B2O3-Bi2O3 glasses using MCNPX Monte Carlo code, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 223 (2019) 209-2019.
- Issa S.A.M., Mostafa A.M.A., Hanafy T.A., Dong M., Xue X, Comparison study of photon attenuation characteristics of Poly vinyl alcohol (PVA) doped with Pb(NO 3 ) 2 by MCNP5 code, XCOM and experimental results, Progress in Nuclear Energy,111 (2019) 15-23.
- S Khasim, M Lakshmi, HA Johani, N Badi, AS Roy, Investigations on structural and electrical properties of polyaniline–cadmium sulfide nanocomposite films for solid state electronics, Polymer Composites,40 (2019) E579-E588.
- Omar A. Al?Hartomy, Syed Khasim, Aashis Roy, Apsar Pasha, Highly conductive polyaniline/graphene nano-platelet composite sensor towards detection of toluene and benzene gases, Applied Physics A(2019) 125:12
- Taymour A. hamdalla seliem M. seliem Mohamed elsaed, Design, characterization and optical properties of assembled nanoscale thin films of copper (II) complex with 5-azo-Phenol-8-Hydroxyquinoline, Optical Materials,95, (2019)109215.
- Hamdalla, Taymour A.; Hanafy, Taha A.; Seleim, Seleim M., Effect of rare earth elements on the structural and optical properties of PMMA for possible uses in polymer optical communications, Phase Transitions, 92 (6), (2019) 603-613.
- Sherif S. Nafee, Taymour A. Hamdalla, Effect of neutron irradiation on the optical properties of PMMA/RhB used in optical fiber amplification, radioanaltical and nuclear chemistry,320 (1),(2019) 101-108.
- M Rashad, TA Hamdalla, AAA Darwish, SM Seleim, High performance efficiency of water purification using Cr2O3 nanoparticles synthesized by thermal combustion technique, material research express,6 (6), (2019) 065048.
- Nacer Badi, Y AL-Douri, Syed Khasim, “Effect of nitrogen doping on structural and optical properties of MgxZn1-xO ternary alloys”, Optical Materials, 89 (2019) 554-558.
- Y. Al-Douri, Riyadh A. Al-Samarai, S.A. Abdulateef, Ali AbuOdeh, N. Badi, C.H.Voon, “Nanosecond pulsed laser ablation to synthesize GaO colloidal nanoparticles: Optical and structural properties, Optik 178, (2019) 337-342.
- Syed Khasim, Mohana Lakshmi, Hind A Al-Johani, Nacer Badi and Aashish S Roy “Investigation on Structural and Electrical Properties Polyanilie - Cadmium Sulphide Nanocomposite films for Solid State Electronics” Polymer Composites, 40:E579-E588 (2019) (DOI: 10.1002/pc.28495)
- Omar A Al-Hartomy, Syed Khasim and Aashis Roy, “Polyaniline/graphene nano-platelet composite sensor towards detection of toluene and benzene gases” Applied Physics-A, (2019) 125:12 (doi.org/10.1007/s00339-018-2317-7)
- Syed Khasim, “Polyaniline-Graphene Nanoplatelet Composite films with improved conductivity for high-performance X-band Microwave shielding applications”, Results in Physics, 12, 1073-1081 (2019)
- Apsar Pasha, Syed Khasim, Faheem Ahmad Khan and N Dhananjay, “ Fabrication of gas sensor device using PEDOT-PSS doped reduced graphene oxide organic thin films for the detection of Ammonia gas room temperature” Iranian Polymer Journal (Online-2019) (doi.org/10.1007/s13726-019-00689-4)
- MECHERGUI O., CHESNEAU X., LAATAR A. H. ?Heat And Mass Transfers by natural convection during water evaporation in a corrugated vertical channel ?, Heat Transfer Research, Vol.50(2), pp 125-157, 2019.
- Adnen Ltaief, Farah Laraiedh, T-B. Badèche, Abdelaziz Bouazizi and Vu Thien Binh, "MEH-PPV/Carbon Nanopearls Nanocomposites for Enhanced Organic Solar Cells Efficiency", Journal of Nano Research 58, (2019) 68 – 73.
- TB Badeche, A Ltaief, F Laariedh, L Vaillant Rocab, S Larramendi,, "HRTEM and X-ray diffraction study of CdTe nanocrystals deposited onto a ZnO nanorods layers", Chalcogenide Letters 16 (2019) 291 – 295.
- F. LAARIEDH, T. B. BADECHE, A.LTAIEF, R.BOUSBIH, "STUDY OF NEW MATERIALS FOR SOLAR CELLS", Chalcogenide Letters 16, (2019) 107 – 112.
- Syed Khasim, Yogendra Kumar Mishra, Apsar Pasha, Nacer Badi and Mohana Lakshmi “Fabrication of high performance flexible supercapacitors using secondary doped PEDOT-PSS:Graphene nanocomposite films for large area solid state devices” Electrochimica Acta (In Press)
- R.D. Balikile, Aashish. S. Roy, Ameena Parveen, G. Ramgopal, Nacer Badi, Hybrid nickel ferrite nanotubes doped polyaniline nanocomposite and its dielectric properties, Journal of Electronic Materials (2019 in press).
- Mahmoud G. A. Saleh, Salah Abd El Wanees, and Syed Khalid Mustafa, Dihydropyridine derivatives as controllers for production of hydrogen during, zinc dissolution, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING COMMUNICATIONS, 2019, VOL. 206, NO. 6, 789–803. https://doi. org/ 10.1080/00986445.2018.1527319.
- Salah Abd El Wanees and Sabry Hamed Seda, Corrosion inhibition of zinc in aqueous acidic media using a novel synthesized Schiff base – an experimental and theoretical study, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/01932691.2018.1544080
- Nacer Badi, Rakesh Mekala, Syed Khasim, Aashish S Roy and Alex Ignatiev, “Enhanced dielectric performance in PVDF/Al-Al2O3 core-shell nanocomposites”, Journal of Materials Science:Materials in Electronics, Vol. 29, issue 12, 2018, pp 10593-10599 (DOI: 10.1007/s10854-018-9123-z).
- Yarub Al?Douri, Nacer Badi, Chun Hong Voon, Synthesis of carbon?based quantum dots from starch extracts: Optical investigations, Luminescence. 33, (2018) 260–266.
- Yarub Al-Douri, Makram A Fakhri, Nacer Badi, Chun Hong Voon, Effect of stirring time on the structural parameters of nanophotonic LiNbO3 deposited by spin-coating technique, Optik 156 (2018) 886-890.
- Syed Khasim, Apsar Pasha, K.G Manjunath and Omar A Al-Hartomy “ Fabrication and Characterization of highly sensitive PEDOT-PSS organic thin films doped with Dimethyl Sulfoxide for LPG gas sensing” RSC-Advances, 8, 18074, 2018.
- DEROUICH Y., NASRI Z., ABIDE S., LAATAR A. H. "Inclination effect on heat transfer by an oscillating square cylinder in channel flow ", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 125, pp 1105-1120, 2018.
- BENHASSINE N., CHESNEAU X., LAATAR A. H. "Numerical Modeling Of Heat And Mass Transfers Under Solar Drying Of Sewage Sludge ", Heat Transfer Research 49(4):327–348, 2018.
- NASRI Z., DEROUICH Y., LAATAR A. H., BALTI J. ? Effect of surface radiation on natural convection in an asymmetrically heated channel-Chimney system ?, Heat and Mass Transfer, 54:1511–1529,2018.
- A.M. Al-Sabagh, M.I. Abdou, M.A. Migahed, A.M. Fadl, Ahmed A. Farag, M.M. Mohammedy, S. Abd-El Wanees, A. Deiab, , Influence of ilmenite ore particles as pigment on the anticorrosion and mechanical performance properties of polyamine cured epoxy for internal coating of gas transmission pipelines Egyptian Journal of Petroleum, 27(2018) 427-436.
- A.M. AlSabagh, M.I.Abdou, M.A. Migahed, S. Abd El Wanees, A.M. Fadl, A. Deiab, Investigations using potentiodynamic polarization measurements, cure durability, ultra violet immovability and abrasion resistance of polyamine cured ilmenite epoxy coating for oil and gas storage steel tanks in the petroleum sector, Egyptian Journal of Petroleum 27 (2018) 415-425.
- N Badi, “Lithium-ion battery anodes of highly dispersed carbon nanotubes, graphene nanoplatelets, and carbon nanofibers”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 27, 10342–10346
- N Badi, S Khasim, AS Roy, “Micro-Raman spectroscopy and effective conductivity studies of graphene nanoplatelets/polyaniline composites”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 27 (6), 6249-6257.
- Y Al-Douri, N Badi, CH Voon, “Etching time effect on optical properties of porous silicon for solar cells fabrication”, Optik 147, (2017) 343-349.
- Y Al-Douri, SA Abdulateef, AA Odeh, CH Voon, N Badi, “GaNO colloidal nanoparticles synthesis by nanosecond pulsed laser ablation: Laser fluence dependent optical absorption and structural properties, Powder technology 320, (2017) 457-461.
- FCR Hern?ndez, AO Okonkwo, V Kadekar, T Metz, N Badi, “Laser cladding: The alternative for field thermite welds life extension”, Materials & Design 111, (2017) 165-173.
- Syed Khasim, Apsar Pasha, Aashish S Roy, Ameena Parveen, and Nacer Badi “Effect of secondary doping using sorbitol on structure and transport properties of PEDOT-PSS thin films” Journal of Electronic Materials, 46, (2017) 4439-4447.
- Mhamdi Asya, Adnen Ltaief, Abdelaziz Bouazizi, “Effect of solvents on the optical and morphological properties of MEH-PPV: PC70BM nanocomposites”, Journal of Molecular Structure, Volume 1145 (2017) p. 81-85.
- Asya Mhamdi, Adnen Ltaief, Abdelaziz Bouazizi, “ Effect of solvents on the optical and morphological properties of MEH-PPV:PC70BM nanocomposites”, Journal of molecular structure, 1145, pp. 81-85, 2017.
- MECHERGUI O., CHESNEAU X., LAATAR A. H., ?Heat And Mass Transfers by natural convection during water evaporation in a vertical channel ?, Computational Thermal Sciences, 9(2017) 423-445.
- BENHASSINE N., CHESNEAU X., LAATAR A. H. ?Numerical Study of forced convection in a horizontal channel where the lower part is a porous media having the characteristics of sewage sludge ? , International Journal of Energy, Environment and Economics, 24 (2017) 347-365.
- S. Abd El Wanees, Mohamed I. Alahmdi, S M. S. M. Abd El Haleem, A. Abd El Aal, K. M. Abo Zeed, Chemical and Process Engineering Research, 51, 2017, 15-24.
- Abd El Wanees, S., El Basiony, N. M., Al-Sabagh, A. M., Alsharif, M. A., Abd El-Haleem, S. M., and Migahed, M. A. (2017). Controlling of H2 gas production during Zn dissolution in HCl solutions, J. Mol. Liq., 248, 943–952.
- Nacer Badi, Syed Khasim and Aashis Roy, “ Micro-Raman spectroscopy and effective conductivity studies of graphene nanoplatelets/Polyaniline composites” Journal of Materials Science:Materials in Electronics,(2016) 27:6249–6257
- J.N Ansari, Syed Khasim, Ameena Parveen, Omar A Al-Hartomy, Ziad Khattari, Nacer Badi and Aashis S Roy “Synthesis, characterization, dielectric and rectification properties of PANI/Nd2O3:Al2O3 nanocomposites” Polymers Advanced Technologies,2016, 27 1064–1071
- Apsar Pasha, Aashis S. Roy, M. V. Murugendrappa, Omar A. Al-Hartomy, Syed Khasim “Conductivity and dielectric properties of PEDOT-PSS doped DMSO nano composite thin films” Journal of Materials Science:Materials in Electronics,(2016) 27:8332–8339.
- MECHERGUI O., CHESNEAU X., LAATAR A. H., ? Numerical Study of heat and Mass transfer by Natural Convection in a vertical Channel with Obstructions ? , International Journal of Energy, Environment and Economics 24, (2016) 468-481.
- Y. Atef; M. M. Hefny; S. Abd El Wanees, Pt Surface Modification For The Electrochemical Oxidation Of Methanol In Potassium Hydroxide Soluions, J. Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology (JMEST) 3 (2016) 3903-3908.