Vision, Mission and Goals
Developing scientific and research activities of faculty members and their counterparts at the university; and upgrading the academic levels of these activities to reach a high rank among prestigious international universities.
MissionFollowing up the academic affairs of faculty members, scientific research, publication, and scientific promotion.
Goals- Developing relevant bylaws and regulations to contribute to the advancement of scientific research; raising the level of scientific research in terms of quality and quantity; and disseminating the culture of excellence in scientific performance.
- Strengthening partnership between universities and various higher education sectors.
- Strengthening partnership between the University and society.
- Preserving the rights of faculty members who are affiliated with the Scientific Council.
- Using Information and Communications Technology (ICT) effectively to facilitate and accelerate the Council's activities.
Functions of the Administration of Scientific Council Affairs- Preparing minutes of the meetings and submitting them to His Excellency the Rector for accreditation.
- Receiving applications of faculty members related to scientific promotion.
- Receiving and processing recruitment applications.
- Preparing and sending letters to announce resolutions.
- Following up the implementation of bylaws and regulations concerning higher education, and resolutions issued in relation to the Scientific Council and the committees affiliated.
- Preparing applications forms for faculty members related to the procedures of the Scientific Council.
- Receiving the minutes of the meetings of the college boards and their subsidiary departments; and taking relevant action.
- Receiving the minutes of meetings of committees of the Scientific Council; and taking relevant action.
- Dealing with all that is received from His Excellency the Rector, and from the Vice Rector for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.